SA wellness is invested in enhancing the safety and quality of patient care and attaining the best client outcomes feasible.
The security training System is a software that permits all SA wellness services to record, manage, research and analyse client and worker incidents along with customer feedback. It can also be useful for shooting details about safety solutions also to record formal notifications like those for coronial things or malpractice that is medical.
The objective of each one of the SLS modules, and which legislation they relate to, is described within the table of Key SLS Modules (PDF 92KB).
Any employee having an SA Health HAD login can record an event into SLS.
Skip to parts of information utilizing the links that are corresponding:
Advantages of SLS for the consumer and SA wellness services
Great things about SLS for the customer and SA wellness solutions includes:
- It facilitates good medical governance by supplying just one system across SA wellness that manages incidents, customer feedback and notifications.
- SLS has helped embed a tradition of security and quality to the day-to-day routines on most SA wellness employees given that findings regarding the review or research of occasions in SLS provides an easy method in which lessons that are valuable be learnt and high high quality improvements identified.
- The device is employed to review styles in reported occasions and recognize certain areas for enhancement at both a state-wide and regional Health system level (LHN).
- Whenever coupled with information off their systems into the LHN Analytics and Reporting provider (LARS) and QIP Hub, SLS enables all staff to observe how SA health insurance and their own health unit compare resistant to the National protection and Quality Service guidelines (along with state that is various performance indicators).
- It will help to tell workers while the public by facilitating the yearly book regarding the Southern Australian individual protection Report. This report also includes a synopsis of some of the quality enhancement initiatives which were implemented, some being the consequence of trends which have been identified from SLS information.
- Through the introduction of SLS this year we are able to see a marked improvement into the reporting of incidents in to the system from 32,696 reported for 2011/2012 in contrast to 61023 reported in 2017-2018. More to the point, we are able to see a reduction that is overall incidents with damage which are down 57% from 2011/2012. This means since its inception we have been now recording more dangers and near misses which provide us using the information to avoid those from reoccurring or becoming more serious.
Staff use SLS in lots of ways according to their part and duties. You can find guides and training to help users whom:
- Are recording an event or miss that is near SLS (notifiers)
- Have actually obligation for breakdown of reported incidents (supervisors or supervisors will require access that is user/login
- Have responsibility to create reports and use them for quality monitoring and improvement styles.
Some SLS data is also presented in the QIP Hub.
SLS features a true wide range of modules for various purposes and kinds of incidents. Each has information and resources to aid users.
Patient incidents in SLS. Perform Health Protection incidents in SLS
Everybody supplying services on behalf of SA Health must record all client associated incidents, including near misses, into SLS. All incidents reported into SLS are evaluated and severe incidents undergo more detailed research how to see who likes you on fcn chat without paying.
Work Health and protection (WHS) reporting into SLS ensures a process that is standardised conform to appropriate demands also to provide information to aid future risk control and WHS avoidance programs.
Information in WHS event reports on SLS is governed by the Work Health and protection Act 2012 (SA)
All employees ought to report Perform Health and protection incidents including:
- Dangers, such as for example gear faults, ecological facets
- Incidents without any damage
- Incidents with damage or damage, including physical injury or stress that is mental
Safety incidents in SLS
A safety event is any occasion or situation that led to an ask for crisis or security attendance that is non-emergency. These generally include whenever some of the crisis Codes are known as.
The reporting and article on both crisis and non-emergency protection incidents to SLS will subscribe to safety that is improving clients, employees and site site visitors.
You can find legislative along with other demands to keep documents of when these incidents happen.
Customer feedback in SLS
Customer feedback (including complaints, compliments, advice and suggestions) are recorded and handled in SLS to push enhancement within the quality of medical care services provided and allow the identification of trends and danger. In addition it allows wellness solutions to make sure that they truly are responding in a prompt way to the issues regarding the customers.
Notifications in SLS
The Notifications module offers a system for nominated SA Health supervisors to record information about notifiable incidents. These generally include fatalities (under demands for the Coroners Act 2003), prospective medical malpractice and alleged sexual attack or misconduct incidents.
Coroners and Medical Malpractice notifications are evaluated by SA Health’s Legal Governance and Insurance solutions device (ISU) and referred on to SAICORP as needed.
These notifications try not to consist of those required by SafeWork or Public wellness notifications.
Finding SLS on your pc
To get SLS in your SA wellness computer, click Start – All Programs – business programs – SAH Applications – protection Learning System